Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cafe LuLu - Milwaukee

I had lunch with two other attorneys today in Bayside, a trendy, up and coming area in Milwaukee, or so it goes. We went to Cafe LuLu. It's a little dive that has a very quaint lunch counter and a few tables, and excellent food and service.

I ordered the Casablanca Burger, which was a mixture of beef and lamb served with tomato, lettuce and a yogurt sauce to top it off. It also came with a side of their homemade chips and a bleu cheese dressing dip. The burger was tasty and reminded me of a Lula Kabob sandwich I used to order at a fantastic place called Lebanon's Cafe in New Orleans. I'm sold on it and will go back.

My lunch mates had beef stroganoff soup, which appeared tasty and must have been because it was gone, and a Calypso Tuna Salad which looked really good, however, my friend said that the tuna should be served rare, because it was a little overdone and not so good. The waiter initially said it is sushi grade tuna, so I assume they can simply serve it slightly seared, and they should.

The waiter was very friendly, in a "we're busy, hon, what do you want" kind of way. He may have had an ownership interest, by the way he dealt with the patrons. Warm and familiar.

I'd go back for seconds.

2 comments:

Goeb Life said...

guYou mean Bayview I believe. I LOVE that place! You can also try my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant directly across the stree, Riviera Maya. Mmm...delicious. Heather and I have met there before.

Goeb Life said...

I hate when that happens, my comments get messed up when I try to do that silly word verification five times. I must be blind.