Tuesday, December 9, 2008

$1 Burgers at Bar Louie


Tonight I went with Natalie, a friend who also happens to be my legal assistant, for our ritual of dollar burgers at Bar Louie in Milwaukee. (Natalie was my legal assistant first, but she's so sweet and down to earth that you can't help but make friends with her.) SP also loves Bar Louie, but he's in Chicago...and we go to those locations sometimes too.
On Tuesday nights, Bar Louie offers a burger menu at $1 for the burger, and then various toppings can be added for 50 cents each. You can also add fries or tots. I ordered mine with olive mix and provolone, but they brought it with giardinara and provolone...oops. They're lucky I like giardinara. Natalie had hers with all kinds of stuff, I think cheddar and bacon and some other things. It looked good. Mine was tasty, if a little spicy. We shared a basket of tots, which were perfectly done. Natalie added salt, which I love too. I prefer fries, but she always wants tots, and I gave in this time. Their fries have a hint of lime or something in them, which makes them taste sort of unique...it may be a lime salt seasoning or something. I'll have to research that. The burgers on Tuesdays are decent for the price, but not of the gourmet type. If you're looking for the bargain night out, this is the way to go, though.
The atmosphere at our Bar Louie is really laid back. The booths are old supper club style and the real bonus is that they also offer a discount happy hour of $2 beers and $4 martinis on Tuesdays. I had a Dirty CEO...a dirty martini, with olive juice and olives, and Natalie had a fruity thing. If you prefer to sit at the bar, they have two of them indoors and one out (during more suitable weather). The crowd is pretty young, but I guess that has something to do with the prices on Tuesdays.
We chatted over office and work issues and had some fun, but we had to hit the road after a quick dinner because it is blizzarding in Wisconsin, and the roads are not at all plowed or salted. I sledded home in my 4WD; thank goodness for that.


No comments: