Friday, February 5, 2010

Pampered Chef Rice Cooker

I've never done a cookware review before on this blog, but I haven't cooked anything new to this blog lately, (it'd be repeat recipes) and I wanted to post a fresh post.  I thought, hmmmm...I made rice today and I LOVE my rice maker.  Why not write about it?

I didn't even want the Pampered Chef rice cooker, but I had a party for my friend Jenna who sells it, and I got a bunch of free stuff.  I had to pick something in the range I had coming and she recommended it.  I didn't even use it forever, because I thought how silly to use a microwavable rice cooker to do what I can do in the same time, basically, on the stove.



Boy was I wrong.  This little, black, three piece cooking vessel is nothing short of a miracle in the microwave.  It makes rice all by itself.  No hassle, no mess, no over boiling, no problem. 

All you do is put the right measurements of rice to water, usually 1 to 2, with salt and olive oil or butter, stir, seal it with the two top pieces, and then put it in for 15-20 minutes depending on your microwave intensity.  Then let it rest without opening it for 5-10 minutes and voila!  Magic rice.  Perfect, like the restaurants make it.  I eat it all the time.  It's so good I could eat it by itself.

Why is it better than doing it on the stove?  No temptation to stir.  No burned bottom if you don't have the good simmer setting on your stove.  No overboil sticky mess to clean up.  And the dish cleans up without any scrubbing at all.  Just run your soapy sponge over it and forget about it.  Oh, and it's better than an electric rice cooker because I can put it in the frig when it cools and keep my rice in there, or even add other ingredients to it while it's hot and store it in there.

If you don't have one, get one.  You will love it.  I've actually thought of getting a second one for days when I've already used it and I need more rice. 

No comments: