Friday, March 20, 2009

Think Outside of the Can Corned Beef Hash



I still had leftover corned beef from the CB&C, because I didn't use it for the soup. I only had a little left, about four slices, so I also set aside a few potato slices and thought I'd make myself breakfast. I've never made corned beef hash, so I have no idea how it's actually made, but I have eaten it all my life out of a can, and it looks like mushy corned beef and cubed potatoes in grease.

I diced my corned beef very small, and then I did the same with the potatoes. I tossed them into a hot skillet with a pat of butter and a few drizzles of canola oil. A little salt, a little pepper, that's it. Oh, I think I also dusted it with a little cayenne, but that's not for the faint of heart, so use it if you like spicy food, for breakfast. :)

It came out very good. Better than the canned stuff, by far. I topped it with an egg. It ain't pretty, but it's good, honest food. It's like that line in City Slickers, "Food's brown, hot and plenty of it!"

Dig in!

No comments: