Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slow Cooker Olive Chicken


Yesterday morning I put three chicken breasts into the crock pot with a bay leaf, a jar of Spanish stuffed olives, juice and all, a drizzle of olive oil and some cracked pepper. I set it on low the entire time I was at work and when I returned I had the most tender, tasty chicken and olives, complete with a sauce to ladle over the top of my mashed potatoes.

It's that easy! I can eat for several days and don't have to cook all week now.

However, I will note that this recipe is better with a whole chicken. I haven't uploaded the picture yet...but will do so. I got this recipe from my uncle when I was about 10.

My nice slant on it, when I cook it in a sautee pan is to add a deglace of vodka to create a dirty martini chicken dish that is devine with potatoes or rice. I'll also post that sometime. It's prettier as well.

No comments: