Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hot Beef Sandwiches



Last night I took an eye of the round tip roast out of the freezer to thaw so that I could put it in the crock pot for beef sandwiches tonight.

This morning, I put the roast into the crock pot, poured a bottle of whatever beer I had on hand over the top, then poured an entire jar of Greek pepperoncini with the juice in the crock pot as well. I added two bay leaves, salt and pepper and turned the crock pot on low for 11 1/2 hours, the entire time I would be away from the house, door to door, to work and back.

When I got home, the second picture is what it looked like after I gently cut it up with a knife and stirred it around a bit in the juices, removing the bay leaves.

I toasted a hard Italian roll and arranged some beef on the roll along with some roasted red pepper and mild giardinara. As you can see, I ate it for dinner with a handful of chips and a root beer. I'm telling you, this is way too easy to be this good.

I got this recipe from my sister. Not sure where she got it, but right on, Heather!

No comments: